- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”). A PURCHASE
WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- The sponsor and administrator of this Contest is The ALDO Group Inc., (“ALDO”) located at 905, Hodge St., Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4N 2B3 (“Sponsor”).
- The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada and United States who have reached at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time they enter the Contest. The Contest is not open to employees, directors and officers of Sponsor and those of its affiliated and associated companies,
agents, advertising and promotional agencies as well as to the members of their respective immediate families living in the same household. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of all winners.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant accepts the terms and conditions of these Contest rules and regulations (the “Rules”) and agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations including any federal, provincial, state and local laws. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- The Contest begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time (ET) on February 28th, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on January 29th, 2022 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received by the end of the Entry Period.
- To join this Contest, the participants must contact ALDO’s customer contact center and (“CCC”) and must complete a survey after receiving said survey via email or via the chat window, depending on how they contacted the CCC. The survey must be completed during the Entry Period.
- By successfully transmitting a completed survey as directed, participants will be entered in the Contest. There is a limit of one entry per person per quarter. Automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations as well as incomplete ballots and will be disqualified.
- A total retail value of $250.00 CAD or USD (depending on the winner’s jurisdiction) in prizes will be drawn at random every quarter. Each winner will be winning a Prize (the ‘‘Prize’’). There will be 4 Prizes and 4 winners. Each Prize will consist of a gift card, which can be used with at any ALDO banners stores (such as Aldo, Call it Spring and Globo) valued at $250.00 in the local currency of the winner (USD or CAD). There will be 1 winner every quarter.
- Each winner will be chosen at random among the eligible uploads at the end of every quarter and more specially on May 2nd 2021, August 1st 2021, October 31st 2021 and January 30th 2022. The winners will be notified by email that they have won on that same day (“Time of Notification”).
- Odds of winning the Prizes will vary depending on the number of eligible Contest entries received.
- The total retail value of the Contest is estimated at $ 1,000.00 (depending on the currency of the prizes). All expenses related or incidental to the receipt and use of the discounts, including all surcharges, taxes (federal, central, provincial, state and local) shall be the sole responsibility of the participants. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all expenses not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of ALDO, shall be the sole responsibility of the participants. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by the participants shall be made.
- ALDO reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the Prize winner. The Prize winner must comply with the Rules and correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question (without the assistance of another person or mechanical device) to be administered by email at the time ofnotification. In addition to the foregoing and in order to be eligible to receive the Prize awarded hereunder, the Prize winner must execute a full release and affidavit of eligibility in a form to be provided by ALDO which relieves ALDO from any and all liability for injury associated with the Prize awarded to him/her, as well as satisfy any and all laws and regulations and other criteria required by the Prize winner’s country, province and/or state of residence. The full release and affidavit of eligibility must be signed and returned within seventy-two (72) hours following the Time of Notification, failing which the Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected by random drawing conducted by ALDO until such time as contact is made by email with a selected winner who
complies with these Rules. Once the Prize winner has satisfied these requirements, he/she will be entitled to claim the Prize. ALDO will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected winner. If ALDO is unable to communicate with a selected winner or if a selected winner does not possess the required eligibility qualifications, does not claim his/her Prize within the specified time, does not comply with the Rules or incorrectly answers the time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Prize winner (or winners) will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries, conducted by ALDO.
- If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- No cash, transfer, assignment, product substitution or prize equivalent shall be permitted except that ALDO reserves the right to change or replace the Prize at any time in its sole discretion with (a) prize(s) of greater or equal retail value. The Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any
other contest or offer. The Prize must be accepted as is and cannot be redeemed for cash or other gift cards. ALDO will not replace any lost or stolen prize.
- By entering the Contest, each winner irrevocably grants to ALDO, the right to use their photo and their name (including their email addresses) in any publicity carried out by ALDO and agrees to grant to ALDO a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license and right to incorporate, use, display, alter modify, publish, transmit, prepare derivative works and reproduce the winners photograph, name, hometown and image in whole or in part in and in connection with the advertising, exhibiting, marketing, promotion and exploitation of its business in any manner, in all media throughout the world, whether now known or hereinafter devised, including without limitation, ALDO websites, ALDO social networking web pages, and all forms of print, radio, television, home-video, CD ROM, DVD,
and other interactive “electronic” media, in perpetuity without any compensation, consideration or consent. Those persons who do not wish that their personal information be used for such purposes are required to so indicate in writing to ALDO at the following address: “ALDO Group VOC CCC quarterly Prizes’’, c/o ALDO Marketing, 905, Hodge St., Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4N 2B3.
- By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees to be bound by the Rules and the decisions of ALDO, which shall be final. ALDO and its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, shareholders and representatives, advertising, and promotional agencies, and
legal advisors shall not be responsible for under any conditions whatsoever and shall not be liable for: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions;
(iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of ALDO that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of any prizes granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action with respect to the prizes; (v) any printing or typographical errors
in any materials associated with the Contest; (vi) any problems in connection with any Contest-related materials; or (vii) any damage to any computer resulting from playing, entering or downloading any materials as part of the Contest. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any other cause beyond the control of ALDO or any act corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, ALDO reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie, as required, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- ALDO also reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the website, or who is otherwise affecting the fairness or the integrity of the Contest or is in violation of the Rules. Any attempt by anyone to damage or disrupt the Contest shall be considered a violation under criminal and civil law. ALDO reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies against such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Participants agree that any and all disputes will be resolved individually, without resort to class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees. The participants’ use of ALDO’s division website is also governed by the website terms which can be found at http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca/en/legal.
- BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES ALDO AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, AND ADVISORS AND THE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES OF ALDO, OF AND FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. EACH PARTICIPANT IS FURTHER RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE SENDING OF AN EMAIL, A TEXT MESSAGE, OR OTHER COMMUNICATION, TO A FRIEND TO SUGGEST TO SUCH FRIEND TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH A CLAIM OR DAMAGE ARISE, THE PARTICIPANT SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD ALDO AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, AND ADVISORS AND THE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES OF ALDO, HARMLESS THEREFROM. CERTAIN FEDERAL, STATE OR PROVINCIAL LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- If any terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie (as defined below) or any court of competent jurisdiction, or are deemed unenforceable under then current applicable law, it is the intention of the parties hereto that the remainder of the Rules shall not be affected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect.
- For participants from the province of Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- For an additional set of these Rules and/or the Contest winners’ names, visit the Website or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: ‘‘ALDO Group VOC CCC quarterly Prizes’’ c/o ALDO Marketing, 905, Hodge St., Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4N 2B3. Allow two (2) to four (4) weeks for delivery.